The Scottish Bible Society extends an invitation to an individual or group from your church to an information and networking evening at the North Church, Mill Street, Perth on Tuesday 25th June at 7.30pm.
Mr. Norman Liddle, Community Partnership Manager with the Scottish Bible Society will give a short presentation on the current work of the society, focusing in particular on resources for use in our own changing context here in Scotland, such as:
- free, downloadable Bibleworld resources for children’s groups
- free Equip resources for Bible study groups
- ‘Dear Theo’ (an accessible version of Luke-Acts, illustrated and easy-to-read, with resources to use with young people)
- the Community Bible Experience that is transforming people’s interaction with the Bible across Scotland
- and the Trauma Healing programme which is having a remarkable impact in situations of need
- not to mention ongoing connections with the world church from China to Iraq and from Cuba to Burkina Raso and the Bible Translation Roadmap 20-year strategy.
There will be an opportunity to ask questions and to view resources from the Society and there will be refreshments and time to interact more informally with others from across the area, to share experiences and good practice.
This invitation is going out to all churches in the Perth and Kinross area and we look forward to the opportunity to engage with you and discover how the Scottish Bible Society may support you in your mission in the coming years.
I look forward very much to welcoming you or someone from your church to the event on 25th June but in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries. It is not necessary to confirm in advance if you will be represented but it would be very helpful to know how many to expect in order to assist with the preparation of refreshments. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contact me.