Please check local churches for their services times on Easter Sunday.
Holy Week Services : 14 – 21 April : in St John’s and St Leonard’s in the Fields on Sunday 14th : Palm Sunday Morning Services at 9.30 am and 11.15 am respectively
Sunday 14th : Palm Sunday Morning Services at 9.30 am and 11.15 am respectively
- Monday 15th : The Drama of the Passion Narrative : Readings : 7pm in St John’s Kirk
- Tuesday 16th : Easter Singings : 7pm in St Leonard’s in the Fields
- Wednesday 17th : Reflections : Poetry, Music, Prayer : 7pm in St John’s Kirk
- Thursday 18th : Maundy Thursday Holy Communion : 7pm in St Leonard’s in the Fields
- Friday 19th : Good Friday in St John’s Kirk
- Walk of Witness 1030 until 11 30
- 12 noon until 3 pm : Three Hour Liturgy
- [ Come and go at any point during the three hours ]
- 8 pm : Tenebrae Service
Easter Day : Sunday 21st April
8 am : Early Service on the South Inch near St Leonard’s in the Fields
8 30 am : Breakfast in Church Hall
Easter Day Service with Holy Communion at 9 30 am in St John’s Kirk
Easter Day Service with Holy Communion at 11 15 am in St Leonard’s in the Fields
The 2018 PACT Carol Service was held in St John’s RC Church, Perth, on Friday 21st December. The Rev Graham Taylor (St John’s Episcopal Church), PACT Convener, welcome a congregation drawn from local churches. Lessons were read by Jenny Dawson (St John’s RC Church) and the Rev Kelvin Bristol (Perth Methodist Church) and the address was given by the Very Rev. Steven Canon Mulholland.
The combined choir was directed by Michael Ellacott and accompanied by Susan Cassidy at the organ.
Marjorie Clark (St Matthew’s Church of Scotland), Secretary of PACT, outlined the work carried out by the four charities which had been selected to received the collection which was uplifted during the service. The selected charities were Churches Action for the Homeless (CATH), Perth Starter Packs, The Harbour Counselling Service in Perth and Mary’s Meals.
Last year’s charities, Living Waters, EMMS International and Perth and Kinross Foodbank received £300 each.
Before giving the blessing, the Rev Graham Taylor thanked Canon Steven for his inspired reflection, and also all who had contributed to the occasion through their preparations and participation.